Monday, February 6, 2017

A Tour Through Ancient Rome


View Rome from 320 AD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_L8g1R58BU 

 I was watching TV and happened to catch the movie "Gladiator." The history and culture of Rome has always fascinated me. I used to teach art history, probably my favorite subject to teach and learn about.The city of Rome is incredible. I found a YouTube site that shows a short promo video of a 3-D simulation of what it looked like in 320 AD. Much of our architecture and culture is based on Greek and Roman culture, from our buildings, coins, calendar, to sporting events. I am still amazed at how efficiently the city functioned. In its day, it boasted much technology. Check out the video, it is really amazing and interesting. Check out the tour of the ancient city. I found it especially intriguing the technology used to "bring it back to life" and create this simulation.



 

3 comments:

  1. Hey I was watching Gladiator on tv recently too. "Are you not entertained." Well, I do think we are entertained by technology. Thankfully, we can be educated and entertained by the same medium. Very interesting post.

    Kirt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kirt,
    Thank you for commenting on my posts. I love Gladiator! I own the movie too. So many good lines from that movie, you mentioned a good one! Thanks,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete