Sunday, January 15, 2017

Six Word Stories

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/16/six-word-story_n_5332833.html

I found this article interesting and I began writing my own six word stories. I have used them in the class room as "ice breakers," brainstorming beginnings, creative outlets, and as assignments. It forces adult learners to think succinctly and choose their words carefully. These can be posted on Twitter too. Perhaps Tweet students a picture from Flickr or the Web and let them interpret it in their own way. My first six word story was: "My bunny jumped over the moon!" Writing these stories is fun and a creative way for students to share and communicate. They can be collected on index cards with or without names for reading allowed. 
 

2 comments:

  1. Six word stories are creative and force one to think carefully about words themselves. What meanings do they have? What power they have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems like a wonderful way for students to review vocabulary by having them brainstorm already known words. They can also learn new vocabulary in the process. I like that. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete