Saturday, January 7, 2017

YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/

YouTube was created to let individuals post their own videos, movie clips, TV clips, and other content to the site. It is a free service to sign up for a channel. Recently YouTube Red has been offered as a paid site that is ad free and allows video clips to be downloaded. Earlier in my blog, I posted two examples of videos made and edited by students. They shared them with others. The site also allows you to follow a video, or media piece, leave comments, and rate the videos. It is such a popular site. I have gone there to learn how to do things like cut a pineapple, or install a light switch. There are so many instructional videos to learn new things. It democratizes education in a way that it makes learning skills and techniques available to anyone with a computer and Internet access. I think it is a great learning tool. I encourage my students to use YouTube to share their multimedia creations with others, explore, and make connections with others.


3 comments:

  1. YouTube is a cool site to check out. One can learn to do just about anything, from cooking to building. It is a great resource of information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This blog is AWESOME! I like it. Very informative.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Kirt, you are very kind. I don't know if I am doing this right, but I am trying. I am doing research right now as we speak for the next two emerging technologies. Thanks for being so positive, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete